A stunning fan poster imagines Ben Affleck coming back as Batman for the only story that would get director Zack Snyder to helm a DC Studios film. With James Gunn and Peter Safran now at the helm of the newly formed DC Studios, there have been mixed signals about the future of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) and the Snyderverse. While Gunn has confirmed that some elements of the Snyderverse will live on, it’s unclear which ones or how they will be incorporated into the new DCU.
One of the most popular requests from fans has been for Ben Affleck to return as Batman. Affleck originally signed on to play the Caped Crusader in 2013, but he eventually stepped down from both the acting and directing roles in 2019. However, there have been recent rumors that Affleck may be open to returning to the role, and Gunn himself has expressed interest in working with him.
Now, a new fan poster by artist BossLogic imagines what a Ben Affleck Batman movie directed by Zack Snyder could look like. The poster features a gritty and dark image of Affleck’s Batman, with the tagline “The Dark Knight Returns.” This is a reference to the iconic Batman story by Frank Miller, which Snyder has said is the only story that would get him to return to the DC Universe.
It’s important to note that this is just a fan poster and there is no confirmation that such a movie is in the works. However, it does give us a glimpse of what a Batman movie directed by Snyder and starring Affleck could look like. And based on the fan response to the poster, it’s clear that there is a lot of interest in seeing this happen.
The reasons why fans want to see Ben Affleck return as Batman:
- He delivered one of the best big-screen portrayals of Batman.Affleck’s Batman was both brutal and intelligent, and he brought a new level of depth to the character.
- He has unfinished business.Affleck’s Batman was only just getting started when he stepped down from the role. There are still many stories that could be told with his version of the character.
- He’s a fan favorite.Affleck is one of the most popular actors to ever play Batman, and fans have been clamoring for him to return to the role.
The reasons why Zack Snyder would be a good choice to direct a Ben Affleck Batman movie:
- He has a deep understanding of the character.Snyder is a huge fan of Batman, and he has a great track record of bringing comic book characters to life on the big screen.
- He can create a dark and gritty world.Snyder’s signature style is a perfect fit for a Batman movie.
- He can work with Affleck to get the best performance out of him.Snyder has a great working relationship with Affleck, and they would be able to create something truly special together.
While it’s unclear if we will ever see a Ben Affleck Batman movie directed by Zack Snyder, the fan-made poster is a reminder of the potential for such a project. Affleck’s Batman is one of the best versions of the character ever put on screen, and Snyder is a talented director who could create a visually stunning and emotionally resonant film. If the opportunity arises, it would be a dream come true for many fans.
In addition to the fan poster, there have been other recent developments that suggest Ben Affleck may be open to returning as Batman. In a recent interview, Affleck said that he “had a great time” playing the role and that he “would be open to doing it again under the right circumstances.” He also said that he is a fan of James Gunn’s work and that he would be interested in working with him on a DC project.
These comments from Affleck and the positive fan response to the fan poster suggest that there is a lot of interest in seeing Ben Affleck return as Batman. It remains to be seen if this will ever happen, but it is certainly a possibility.
In the meantime, fans can enjoy the many great Batman movies that have already been made. From the classic Adam West films to the recent Matt Reeves film, there is a Batman movie for everyone. And who knows, maybe one day we will see Ben Affleck return to the role and give us another great Batman movie to enjoy.